Skip to main content

Blogs changed me

 I wasn't interested in a social blog with comments prior to this class. I couldn't imagine having the time. My weekly required blogs trained me to manage my time in a way that made blogging possible. My plans are to connect this blog to other social media. I look forward to seeing you out there. Thanks for your support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How much do apps matter in Instructional Design?

https://www.aura.com/learn/social-media-privacy-risks This week in my graduate course we discussed social media tools - Web 2.0 - that are useful in learning environments. My disclosure is that I typically don't use social media for personal use, and this makes it a bigger jump to think about using it for learning purposes. The irony is that I enrolled in this elective class because I am intrigued about using social media for learning environments.  The points I vacillate on are data security and time commitment. With data security I would need to ensure that learners' data, user profiles, etc. are protected. This isn't the same thing if it's higher education and the university is using an LMS. FERPA and a contract protect student data and how it's used. With free social media apps there's more risk to a learner's content. I'm still exploring these tools to determine if there are settings to protects our learner's identities and content. One thing th...

Easygenerator content authoring app

Here's another newer app that I just discovered. Maybe you already know about this one? Easygenerator sounds like its name. Like many apps it can convert PowerPoint slide decks to e-learning. https://www.easygenerator.com/en/features/powerpoint-import/ The thing with these content authoring apps is always the price. If you work on a team it's more likely your manager would approve of subscribing to some sort of app. It's not cheap, though. Take a look at the pricing below. Also, if you work independently either for a small business or as a contractor, the $1000 annual fee needs to be factored into the ROI of your projects. Do you think these prices are reasonable or a bit out of reach?

Blogs on Vacation

 A variation on theme with the last post -- have you ever put your blog on vacation for several weeks cor months? Are followers okay with this? I may need to cut back on a few entries as I transition from one class to another. Any suggestions?